North Bay Grief Recovery - Mending broken hearts with compassion, you CAN feel better.
My Blog

The Sun in Shining, do you care?

www.northbaygriefrecovery.com, in home grief recovery services, grief recovery services, grief recovery services in marin county californiaThe sun may be shining today, but do you care?  I mean, really, could you give a darn?  Sometimes, there are days when unresolved grief stalks us and nothing is right, friends, weather, even small gifts offered with love, just amount to a blah, so what !  And you don't even feel guilty, maybe you feel indifferent, numb. How well I remember the feeling.

I remember NOT calling friends for fear I would become a burden.  After all, that divorce was over and done with by now, and my mother died in her mid-80's, a good age to go, I was long-divorced from the father of my two children so what if he died unexpectedly, why would I still feel anything for him?  And so on.  Are you nodding because you know what I'm talking about?  Good.

Why good?  Because you have admitted there is something off with this grieving business, and you may be good and ready to get past it, finally.

So welcome with an open heart from me to you, for there is hope of recovery from your broken heart and it will not take thousands of dollars or hours on a therapy couch.  Now, you may well need the benefit of therapy, I certainly did, and got it.  But with unresolved grief clouding the sunshine in your life, you may be spinning your wheels in traditional counseling or even well-meaning grief groups, which can be a great comfort and definitely have their place, I'm not saying stop going or don't even try to go.  I AM saying that the process of grief recovery is different because it puts your loss into the general context of your life as a whole, and gives you specific assignments which move you through the pain.

Do NOT go into the neighborhood of grief by yourself.  It's unsafe and you could get hurt.  Grief Recovery provides a map and in a few weeks, you may well care that the sun is shining, you may actually feel like handing out a few bouquets, actually notice how the roses smell and really CARE, once again.

I am here to support you on this journey.  Please join me.

6 Comments to The Sun in Shining, do you care?:

Comments RSS
Annan Paterson on Monday, August 15, 2011 1:53 PM
Beautiful Caroline. I needed this and need this. Blessings and I am at your side.
Reply to comment

Katie Crecelius on Monday, August 15, 2011 8:22 PM
Caroline: Congratulations on a wonderful launch. You will be a wonderful help to many people.
Reply to comment

maria Dinis on Thursday, April 18, 2013 6:29 AM
you never stop the feelings you have for someone that you love. maybe you are super disappointed and you think you hate them but after the anger passes and everything else goes and when they die, it's not uncommon to only have love left. the pain comes from knowing that you still love the person when you thought that you didn't and when you might even hope that you didn't love them anymore for your sake, but love is strange that way. real love to me does mean that no matter what, one still loves the person when it's all said and done. in life and in death!!!!
Reply to comment

Renelle on Monday, July 08, 2013 9:52 PM
You give me hope to get past all my grief with this process you talk about here. I am going to do this process. Thank you Caroline in advance for your help.
Reply to comment

Caroline on Tuesday, July 09, 2013 10:27 AM
Renelle, you are a courageous woman. It is an honor to be working with you as you build a path to recovery.

australiawritings on Sunday, May 13, 2018 5:03 AM
The shining stalks and more process could be indifferent and developing the better chances as well for more tips. Nodding because you know what is perfect and including the more chances something grieving business.
Reply to comment